Monday 6 July 2015

June beauty favourites

June has just gone, and I discovered a few new beauty products in the last couple of months that I wanted to give a little shout-out about in a feature here on the blog.
The last beauty favourites post I did was in the end of March (you can read it here), and with it turning out to be really popular I’ve decided to make these features recurrent. I’ve had plenty of time to test some new products since Spring, so without further ado, let me present to you my June beauty favourites!

There are a total of 7 beauty products featured this month, but let’s start with the products for body and hair…

Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo Uplifting Volume
I kept getting tired of dry shampoos like Batiste that gives you really matte and dull looking hair due to the white powder they use in their products. The dry shampoo by Herbal Essences is nothing like that! When you spray it on it almost feels wet, but when having massaged it into your scalp and brushed through your hair, your hair simply looks clean and fresh, without the powdered look. The dry shampoo still gives you a volume boost though (just like Batiste does), and it smells amazing!

Whitetobrown Exfoliate
This product was really designed to be used in combination with a fake tan lotion to prepare your skin for an even tan, but it obviously works just as well as a normal exfoliator. It’s a sweet almond scrub that smells delicious, and it leaves your skin really soft and smooth. I also tend to use it on my hands when I’m preparing my nails and cuticles for a new week of nail polish.

Fake Bake Original Self Tanning Lotion
When I first tried the self tanning lotion from Fake Bake I was shocked! It was almost black!
But I needn’t have worried. I’ve not used a lot of fake tans before, but the ones I have tried have been cheap and I always end up with a streaky or uneven colour. The dark brown colour you get when applying the Fake Bake lotion is simply an indication colour so that you can see exactly where, and how even, you have applied it. Brilliant! This washes off in the shower the next day, but you still end up with a nice and natural looking tan. 

Unlike most fake tans that look a bit orange, I believe Fake Bake must have a tiny bit of green pigments in it to stop this from happening. It’s the most natural fake tan I’ve ever used, and the indication colour made it so easy to apply it. I can definitely recommend it, and at the moment you can get this otherwise quite expensive product at less than half prize from JustMyLook.

On to the face products, and I’ve got a mix of makeup, skin care, and makeup remover.

Bronzing Powder by H&M
A really random one, I know! But I’ve tried so many bronzing powders from various makeup brands, and they always turn out to be too orange, too red, too pink, too heavy, or too glittery.
I find the bronzing powder from H&M to be just the right colour. It’s a neutral brown, with just the right amount of sparkle. I’m not saying it’s the best one quality wise, cause it probably has nothing on other professional makeup brands, but it is by far the best colour!

Nutriganics™ Smoothing Eye Cream
I’ve not really given much thought to eye creams before, but I’ve just used whatever really. However, during my last shopping haul at The Body Shop I took the time to speak to one of the experts in store about what eye cream to use, and she recommended the smoothing eye cream from their organic range. I’m not really showing signs of ageing yet, but it’s good to use a cream like this in order to prevent fine lines showing up. It’s a really smooth yet light cream that feels nice on my skin. It’s also suitable for sensitive skin.

Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make Up Remover
Another fantastic product from The Body Shop that has really impressed me is the Camomile Waterproof Make Up Remover. What can I say? It’s just perfect! As a heavy makeup user I simply use this on my eyes before washing the rest of my face at night. I start by dabbing some water on my eyes first, then hold a cotton pad with a bit of makeup remover on my eyes for about 10 seconds. Wipe once, and tadaa! Not a trace of makeup left – not even that stubborn waterproof eyeliner! It’s a must-have! The Camomile is really gentle, and it doesn’t irritate your eyes one bit.

All In One Instablur Eye
You know how your eyeshadows sit in the creases of your eyes after a day at work… Well, not with this little beauty from The Body Shop! This primer works both as a base for your eyeshadow, as well as smoothes out your fine lines around the eye for a flawless look. The yellow colour also neutralises the redness around the eye so that you get a perfect base to start with when applying your makeup. However, you can really see a difference when using it on its own without any makeup as well. It’s a great little find, and I’m so glad that I convinced myself to get it.

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get a new dry shampoo, and the Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo sounds amazing! I hate it when my hair is left with a powdered look. Hahaha <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a trip to The Body Shop is in order for me soon! Thank you for this post, H x

    ReplyDelete