Wednesday 16 September 2015

Creating illusions

monochrome outfit
I don't tend to wear white very often (mostly because I know I can be quite clumsy and I often spill on myself - whether that be coffee or bronzing powder), but when I found these jeans I just had to give white a try, and without even noticing (well...) I had "accidentally" clicked home a white top as well. 
Double white? 
Well, at least it's not double denim a la Britney and Justin!

white ripped jeans
The jeans, which are from Blue Inc, are of a pretty skinny fit, but the lower legs aren't quite as skin tight as I'm used to. It's quite nice though, as the fabric ruffles around your ankles.
The jeans have ripped detailing all down the front (like they've been sliced open several times by an angry teenager) - a young look that is very on trend at the moment... even for non-teenagers! In fact, great designers like Dolce & Gabbana and Gucci are all going for the ripped jean look for AW15-16, so don't be afraid to experiment with this style.
 
white peplum top
The white top, also from Blue Inc, is of a peplum style - something I've never tried before but now I've realised that I really like it as it creates an illusion of a smaller waist. It has a lovely rose gold detail at the front which adds a touch of glam to it.

UK fashion blogger
Would you wear all white? Is it too daring?
I think it's quite nice, as it really brightens up these early autumn days.
Although, I've added some black accessories to make it more monochrome.

peplum top
See what I mean about the peplum style?
It actually looks like I've got a proper waist! My body type is quite straight naturally, and I've always envied people with really marked waists.

black snakeprint heels
I could never go all white (I don't want to be mistaken for being a ghost!) so I've opted for strappy black heeled snake print shoes with lovely golden details to match the gold on the top.

rose gold jewellery
To add to that rose gold glam I'm wearing a new charm bracelet from Snö of Sweden - from the same collection as the bracelet I wore to Thirsk Races the other week.

black leather handbag
The faux leather handbag from Fiorelli at House of Fraser also adds to my hint of monochrome. It's just the perfect sized handbag, and it's neutral enough to go with basically anything - I love it when your accessories are versatile and can compliment both a casual and a party outfit. The handle straps are the perfect length - something I find very important when it comes to handbags. My previous handbag just had little grab handles, and it annoyed the hell out of me. I like being able to sling my handbag over the shoulder.

rose gold earrings
To top it all off I'm wearing a pair of circle shaped rose gold stud earrings with a bling edge - also from Snö of Sweden
Did I mention that it's one of my favourite jewellery brands? You probably figured it out already!

1 comment:

  1. Stunning as always. Lovely photo shoot location too

    Miss Tulip xx

    ReplyDelete