Tuesday 4 June 2013

Summer outfit on a budget

After my post last week about how to wear summer dresses forcolder weather, I thought I’d show you another one of the summer dresses I bought for my sunny holiday earlier this Spring. Just as the purple bodycon one, I haven’t been able to wear this one on its own, but I’ve had to match it with something warmer – in this case a denim jacket. But I’m keeping the footwear summery!

This halter bandeau dress is from Boohoo, and is made of a light and sheer material in a double layer. The fabric has a graphic zigzag print in all sorts of colours, such as brown, yellow, pink and grey, and the dress is just perfect to wear on a hot summer’s day. Or like I’m doing today; with a cropped denim jacket of a light wash, from Primark.

The shoes I’m wearing, which are olive green strappy leather sandals with a cork wedge, are a few years old so you probably won’t find them in the shops this year. I had completely forgotten that I had them, but found them deep in the wardrobe at my parents’ house last time I was home. I had barely worn them before I tucked them away in that wardrobe, but I’m absolutely in love with them now, and they’re just the perfect summer shoes. These ones are from Deichmann, but I’m sure you’ll find similar ones in plenty of different shops this summer, as wedge sandals are always popular during the warmer months.



What do you think of this budget outfit of mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment