Tuesday 16 July 2013

My summery aztec look

aztec print dress
The trend of the midi skirt is massive at the moment, and I've already invested in a few skirts and dresses of this length.I would say it's a very flattering length for any body shape.
(Oh, and by the way - say hi to my little cat Melba)

One of my new buys is this pink aztec print dress from boohoo. I've developed a bit of a crush on boohoo lately actually, and even though I'm not usually a fan of pink, I really fell for this printed dress.
pink patterned dress
I've chosen to pair this pink dress with some silver and turquoise accessories to really get that feeling of summer. This 3-piece necklace , which is quite aztec looking as well with its tribal pattern, is from New Look's summer range, and I bought it in time for my beach holiday earlier this spring.
turquoise accessories
The ring is a handmade silver ring with a turquoise stone. I absolutely love big and unusual rings, and this one was bought at Outrage Jewellery in Leeds Corn Exchange. I've been eyeing up several gorgeous pieces of jewellery in there, and I can't wait to get my hands on a few more of them!
turquoise silver ring
The other ring, the one on my thumb, is a vintage ring that has been passed down from my mum. I believe it's from the 70's, and saying that - when looking closer you can see that it looks quite hippy-ish. It's a silver ring with a zigzag pattern made of teeny tiny coloured stones of turquoise and burnt amber.
vintage silver ring
 As for the shoes, I've gone for a pair of simple wedge sandals with pleated straps. These are from New Look and were bought last summer (although, I've seen that they've come back for this year's summer collection as well!)
strappy wedge sandals 
What do you think of this summery aztec look?
Which trends have you fallen for this season?
pink midi dress

No comments:

Post a Comment