Wednesday 11 December 2013

Different types of winter coats

There's no denying it... winter is here! You can count on waking up to frosty mornings for the next few months from now on.
I don’t know about you, but I only just started wearing my winter coat. I’ve got a motto that I can’t start wearing my winter coat before December. A bit weird, I know…
 
Do you tend to buy a new winter coat every year, or do you reuse your old one? For the last I don’t know how many years, I’ve bought a new coat every other year, so I wear the same coat for two winters. This year it was time to buy a new one, and I had some requirements for my new coat… 

I wanted it to be of a lighter colour since I always seem to go for boring black, I needed it to be slightly longer so that you wouldn’t freeze your bum off, and I needed it to have a hood. Why? Cause English winters are really rainy, and I can’t be bothered carrying an umbrella around everywhere I go!

When it comes to coats there are a lot of different styles to opt for. I’ve listed some of the most common ones above. Which type do you usually go for?

Featured coats
The classic black coat - Girissima
The classic coat with a twist - Prada (I wish!)
The colourful coat - Victoria's Secret
The sophisticated cape - Alexander McQueen (again - I wish!)
The leisure coat - Equestrian Clearance
The over-sized coat - Net a Porter


So what type of coat did I go for in the end? Well, I've bought this year's coat from New Look, and it would probably fall within the category of 'The classig coat with a twist'. It has got the typical coat shape, but it's made of a soft fabric rather than the usual winter coat material, it has got a hood that when not used it just looks like a massive collar, and it has double buttoning. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment