Wednesday 2 April 2014

How I wear my simple midi dress

Purple midi dress

I’ve developed a bit of an obsession with midi length skirts and dresses lately as I find this style quite easy to match with the rest of our outfit, and at the same time it’s quite flattering. The dress I’ve got on in this outfit also has a very high cut at the neck, and therefore doesn’t need excess accessories. This is a simple outfit that is easy to adapt to any season - Add a cardigan for winter, and scrap the tights and swap the shoes for something lighter for summer. 

dark purple midi dress

The dress is actually a Primark find, and is from the same collection as my 70’s inspired dress I featured a few weeks ago. I’ve paired it with my Jeffrey Campell Lita Spike shoes in black leather – this creates a rocky look that is perfect for a night out. 


black waist belt

As this dress is all in one colour (except for the short sleeves that are in black faux leather) it can get a bit plain, so I’ve therefore added a belt to make the look more interesting. This black elastic belt is from H&M.


amethyst silver ring
The handmade amethyst ring with silver swirls is from Outreach Jewellery in Leeds Corn Exchange, which is one of my favourite shops in Leeds. I just love going in there and having a proper browse. I really love that all pieces are handmade and unique, and made of pure silver and real stones. 
 
purple glass necklace

The necklace I’m wearing really isn’t anything special at all, but it’s simply a purple piece of glass on a bunch of strings that I picked up in a souvenir shop in Greece a few years back. I just thought it was pretty, and the purple is just a good match to the dress. It also works quite well as a statement necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment