Tuesday 4 November 2014

A guide to the regifting etiquette


The C-word has started being used a lot more recently, and I can’t say that I like it…
I’m talking about that festive holiday in December, of course. I just can’t bring myself to say the word yet!
I personally think it’s way too early to be talking about and planning for this holiday already. For God’s sake, we only just entered November!
The fact that they started promoting the C-word chocolates and wrapping paper in the supermarkets in September already is wrong, oh so wrong!
Do you agree?

But since it’s now out in the open, I thought I’d sneak in a post related to this festive season, which shouldn’t yet be mentioned. Although, my excuse is that this is relevant to any gift giving, such as birthdays and other occasions as well. Let’s talk about regifting!

Regifting is simply gifting something to someone, that you once got as a gift from someone else. A bit cheeky yes. Can you admit you’ve ever done it? I think we all have at some point!

Although regifting is a thrifty way of getting through those expensive holidays where gift swapping is expected, it’s a very sensitive subject, and if you’re going to do it there are certain regifting etiquettes you have to follow.

For example – keep track of who your original gift came from, and make sure that you regift it to someone who doesn’t know that person. I mean, you don’t want to get caught…

Another important thing to think about is that you never ever regift something from your partner or close friends – they might ask why you’re not wearing/using the gift a few months down the line, and what will be your excuse then? Hopefully, you feel confident enough in these relationships that you can simply ask to swap a gift if you don’t like it.

For more tips and tricks on regifting, have a look at the infographic below.
Good luck not getting caught! ;)

Top 5 rules of Regifting
Top 5 rules of Regifting is an infographic that was produced by Gumtree

No comments:

Post a Comment