Tuesday 28 July 2015

A simple and summery nautical inspired outfit

stripy dress
Is it not funny, and quite fantastic, how the nautical stripes come back summer after summer, regardless of the year or even the decade? For as long as I can remember, nautical themed fashion has always been a go-to style during the summer months, and I never get tired of it!

This white and blue stripy summer dress from Jack Wills is of a thin and summery material that is nice and cool, but still firm and of good quality. There's nothing worse than flimsy material that loses its shape after a while, but this won't happen with a Jack Wills dress.

nautical dress
What I really like about this dress is the thin spaghetti shoulder straps, and the waist band that you can tie any way you like. It adds the perfect amount of detail to the dress which makes it interesting, but still nice and simple.

I'm pairing it with my clever little brown "super organiser" leather clutch bag from Pia which I first featured last summer.

stripy nautical dress

red shoes
Red shoes are a must when it comes to going for a bit of a nautical theme, don't you think? These little kitten heel shoes with a bow detail have been in my posession for about 5 years now. I don't wear them often, but I think they're perfect for an outfit such as this one.

Ray Ban aviator sunglasses
I'm wearing red heart shaped button earrings to match my shoes.
These were a find at a little craft convention a few years ago in Leeds. You can easily make similar ones yourself with buttons, super glue, and silver earring backs with a flat front. A piece of cake!

By now you already know that I'm obsessed with Ray Ban aviator sunglasses. You just can't have enough colours and variations of them. These classic black and gold beauties are from OCO glasses.

Jack Wills dress
What do you think of my simple and summery nautical inspired outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment