Wednesday 31 August 2016

Adapting a boho chic look for Summer

boho chic
Summer might be on its last legs, but it's not over quite yet!
One trend that seems to come back every summer is the boho style, and having been skeptic to it at first, I've now proper adapted it, and I love it!

paisley print
And when I'm talking about boho style I mean paisley prints, earthy colours, layers, flowing materials, slouchy bags, multipte rings, long necklaces... you name it!
Basically good enough for a music festival!
And let's not forget about the hair! A middle parting with a few beachy waves and perhaps a mini braid or two really is the way to go.

boho fashion
I don't dress up like this every day.
This was actually for a night out on the town, but I do adore the boho style, and I've started hinting about it in my everyday style as well.

festival attire
If someone would have told me 6 months ago that I would start wearing my hair in a middle parting again, I would probably have bursted out laughing in their face.
A middle parting is soooo 1998 for me.
Being 12, everything's awkward, no sense of fashion, before I started wearing makeup... urgh!
However, after my experimentation with the bohemian style I've learnt that styling a middle parting the right way can really flatter the overall style, as well as your facial features.

bohemian style fashion
I'm wearing a purple multi-coloured paisley print crop top from Boohoo, a green textured high-waisted  skater skirt from H&M, and tan leather platform clog sandals from Deichmann.

festival fashion
The light green sleeveless maxi cardigan is from H&M, and the brown leather crossbody bag is from an old collection at BHS.

boho beach waves
I'm also wearing all silver and turquoise jewellery from various shops and old collections to match the pattern in the paisley print top, as well as turquoise nail polish as the cherry on top.

What do you think of the summery boho chic look?
Is this a style you've been experimenting with this season?

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this!! I'm always been a fan of this style, will never go out of fashion.

    Top Style Advice | Fashion and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete