Thursday 30 September 2010

A non-leopard print prom dress



So, what’s up with all the leopard prints on every piece of clothing lately? I went looking for a prom dress (yes, prom dress! Imagine!) the other day –which wasn’t easy at all– and in one of the shops I went in to it was like going back to the 80’s or something –everything was just leopard print! I don’t know about you, but this kind of pattern just makes me think of tacky trying-to-be-sexy underwear and forgotten celebrities that were famous when I was a baby. Apparently it’s back “in style” again, but I can’t say that I like it. I don’t think that I could ever buy something with a leopard print on. And if I was forced to I guess I’d go for some discrete shoes. (I just remembered that I did have a leopard print umbrella a few years ago...)
Anyway, I found a dress at last. After walking around in the massive Trafford Centre in Manchester for several hours I finally decided to go for a long, black, one shoulder dress with pretty jewel decorations below the bust. I would say that it’s kind of a classic dress –which is to prefer, because that means that I can wear it for other occasions in the future. The dress is mesh draped in a Grecian style, with a thigh high split on the left side. The question is –do I wear it with black tights to make the split more discrete, or do I show off my pale legs?
The dress is from Jane Norman, and I fell in love with it at first sight. It was actually the first dress I tried on, and the one I went for in the end. I’m going to match it with some black (low) heels and silver and purple jewellery. I’ll put some photos up after the event.
I can’t believe I’m going to a ball!

1 comment:

  1. Your Grecian dress sounds gorgeous!
    I also think full on leopard print is a bit tacky (images of the Jersey Shore cast spring to mind!), but in saying that I have a pair of pointy toed leopard print pumps that I wear to work sometimes and they dont look toooooo bad!

    xx

    ReplyDelete