Tuesday 19 June 2012

What I wore in Paris

I know my blog has been a bit quiet lately - I've been on a 2 week holiday. I visited 2 places during these 2 weeks, and the first one was Paris in France. 
Fashion bloggers often talk about how trendy they've been on their holidays, but that does not really apply to me! When I go on city breaks which includes a lot of sightseeing and A LOT of walking I just can't be fashionable! NO ONE can go sightseeing in stilettos or even small heels, so it was 100% comfy flat shoes for me during these 5 days in France. To be honest I don't care. I just wanted to see as much as possible while I was there. I managed to wear OK clothes for 2 days though, but the shoes were still ugly :P

Paris fashion
This is what I wore on the day that I saw Sacre Coeur and Notre Dame. Loose fitting strapless top in a royal purple colour, with a light beige cardigan of a very thin material. I matched this with skinny jeans, and my ugly but super-comfy walking sandals. A cross-body bag is a must when on a city holiday - you need to keep your hands free so that you can snap lots of photos! :)

French fashion
On the last day when we went out to the village Versailles to walk in the vinyard and gardens near the catherdral and the castle I wore a mustardy yellow dress (it was Sweden's national day so I felt I had to wear something yellow!) matched with a terracotta coloured thin cardigan with button details, black leggings, massive Hollywood star-like sunglasses, my very handy cross-body bag and again; my ugly but comfy shoes.

4 comments:

  1. Seems like a great trip! I always go for comfortable too, you don't want to miss out on great things because your heels are too high, right? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria you lucky girl!I've never been to Paris though I'm only 3 hrs away by train..Also same applies for me when I'm on vacations I'm not very stylish :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that you went to Paris, such an amazing city ! Lovely looks, perfect for a fashionable tourist ! I love your sunglasses ! I am following you also on Facebook and on Bloglovin now, I'd love it if you could follow me there as well, thank you dear !

    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paris implies a lot of walking and it is so beautiful, there is no point in wearing high healed shoes... But you can be fashionable without them! Flats can be just as trendy as heels or sometimes even more...

    Alexa Chung for example sometimes pairs ballerina flats with her cocktail gowns and looks gorgeous!

    Hope you enjoyed your trip!

    XX

    www.themirroronthewall.com

    ReplyDelete