Tuesday 7 August 2012

Opt for citrus colours this Summer


In many people’s opinion orange is a colour you relate to Autumn. However, I think it’s an excellent choice of colour for Summer!
While the orange clothes you wear in the autumn are more like burnt amber, the summery orange is lighter and brighter and perhaps a bit more to the coral hues.
I’ve been a bit obsessed with orange clothes this Summer (it is one of my favourite colour after all)  and you can see 2 of my orange features here (orange one shoulder dress) and here (neon orange top).
I’ve put together 2 all orange looks for you to try out this summer. Dare to go all one colour!

For the chic city girl I’ve put together a tangerine look:

 Lanvin short sleeve dress
Strenesse orange blazer
Orange heels
Kate Spade tote handbag
Kenneth Jay Lane crystal jewellery
Stella & Dot bib necklace

And for a more summery beach outfit I’ve put together this citrus look:

Calypso St. Barth long slip dress
Matthew Williamson lime green blouse
Victoria's Secret halter swimwear
Marc by Marc Jacobs summer straw handbag
Alexis Bittar gold filled jewelry
Hat Attack brimmed hat
Miso aviator sunglasses

Would you dress from top to toe in one colour? Do you agree with me that orange works as a Summer colour as well as an Autumn colour? I’d love to hear your thoughts! :)

10 comments:

  1. Love those Orange heels! dont think id be brave enough to wear top to toe in orange though, maybe a less bright colour haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, citrus colors are the best for these warm summer months! There's a new giveaway open on my blog in honor of Seven Inch Stilettos reaching 600 followers, so feel free stop by and enter if you'd like to win a care pack filled with my favourite beauty goodies!

    ♡ veena | seveninchstilettos.com
    twitter/instagram: @veenamccoole

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing color for summer~! I should start to wear it~! )

    thank you for sharing~! )

    Olga
    http://www.myblondegal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your lovely comment on IFB^^
    I´ll osmeday have to go to Leeds!
    Orange is one of the best colors to wear this sommer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have idea for summmer now!!! thank you...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely orange colour is for the summer!

    Kisses from:

    www.rayasycuadros.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange collection!!!! I love it!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Citrus beach babe you did ! The dress and top are so flowy !! very pretty =)

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete