Tuesday 23 October 2012

Inspiration for Halloween

Halloween is getting closer, and I’m feeling inspired!
I’m meant to go to a Halloween party in a couple of weeks, and I’ve been thinking about what to dress up as.
I’m not much for costumes, but I’m more for the face paints. Below is some awesome celebrity Halloween makeup – which one is your favourite?
I’m really loving the green glittery fairly like makeup in the 1st picture, as well as the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) inspired makeup in the 4th picture.



I’ve not been to a Halloween party in many years, but last year we went to a dressing up rave outside of Leeds called Raise the Roof. I then painted my face all red and gold – inspired by the band Kiss – and I simply used normal lip crayon, lip pencil and eyeshadow to create this look.


I missed that rave this year, which is why I’m so looking forward to Halloween this year instead. I’ve not decided what I’m going to dress up as yet, but I’m thinking I might get some cool dress up contact lenses and I might base my Halloween makeup around that. I’m thinking lots of dark eyeshadow, eyepencils of different colours, etc…
I would love to recreate that green fairy makeup from above, and I’ve seen some of that green face and body glitter really cheap on Cosmetics4Less. Only £1.99! It’s worth thinking about… ;)
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh give me the day of the dead one any time! That is gorgeous! Thanks for the idea!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgh wish Australians would get into Halloween more! I'd love to rock some skeletal make-up!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete