Wednesday 3 April 2013

I put some new shoes on

I’ve already ranted about this wintery spring weather before, and I won’t hesitate to do it again. Just look at what the weather was like last week, in the end of March… all of a sudden everything was covered in snow! I was NOT happy…!
But I defied the weather and went outside anyway, thinking about the Paolo Nutini song Hey, I put some new shoes on and suddenly everything is right. I said hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling, it's so inviting.

Cause everything was all of a sudden much better once I got my new, awesome looking shoes on.
That’s also why I’m wearing such plain clothes, just to show you that a pair of shoes can really spice up an outfit. The fact that they match my jacket is just a plus ;)
I wore the shoes out in Leeds city centre during a shopping trip, and believe it or not, but random people came up to me and commented on them, so I guess they really do make a good first impression. What do you think?
What I really love about them is the 1970’s feel, and the wooden heel. They might look like skyscraper heels, but if you look at the platform you’ll see that the angle of the heel isn’t that bad, and this actually makes the shoes quite comfortable.



What I’m wearing
Tan Jeffrey Campbell inspired platform boots from Shoebou
Tan faux leather jacket from H&M
Beige top with wrap detail from New Yorker
Dark green skinny jeans from Next

1 comment:

  1. Love the boots and the fact that they are platforms, and that they match your jacket is perfect! :)
    Kristina xx

    ReplyDelete