Tuesday 30 April 2013

Old School Hollywood

pencil dress


Spring has come to England – finally! And with spring comes lighter clothes and shoes.

How I’ve been waiting to get rid of those big knee-high winter boots!

sophisticated playful fashion


I’ve got myself a few fresh additions to my Spring wardrobe; This dress is from Hybrid and is a two coloured pencil dress of cream and navy. Not my usual style, and too fancy for everyday use, but it would be perfect for a special occasion, or if you’re going to an important business meeting.

When I first tried the dress on my first thought was “oh oh!”. The material is quite stiff and I was sure I wasn’t going to be able to zip it up in the back. I was surprised though how stretchy the material was, and once I got it on (this is a 2 man job by the way – there’s no way I can bend my arms backwards that way!) it sits as if it’s moulded to your body! It’s actually really comfortable, and I must say I really like the sophisticated look it gives you.

leopard print shoes
Seeing as I’m not very sophisticated in my style I chose to match the dress with a pair of playful shoes. These stiletto ankle boots of leopard print are from So You Shoes and are perfect for spicing up an outfit. These too aren’t really my usual style, but I fell in love with them at first sight!
Old school Hollywood


I’m finishing this style off with a new pair of oversized sunglasses from New Look, and blood red lips.

Kinda old school Hollywood, don’t you think? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment