Wednesday 5 February 2014

Wearing shorts in the winter

My boyfriend thought I was a right weirdo when I said I was going to wear shorts the other day.
Shorts?! In the winter?!
They’re winter shorts, I said. You wear them with thick tights and high boots.
I’ve actually had these shorts for a couple of years, but never featured them on the blog for some reason. I absolutely love the fabric which is kind of brown and beige, with a tartan inspired pattern. The big brown buttons really give the shorts, which are from Jane Norman, more of an interesting look as well.
I paired these shorts with a basic beige top from H&M, black tights, and my new black military style boots, which I got from Amazon last month.
To accessorise the outfit a little bit I added my brown faux leather cross-body bag from bhs, a lovely brass coloured pocket watch necklace, and burnt red ball earrings.
I personally love wearing shorts in the winter. I call this style of shorts “old man shorts” just because they resemble the style of trousers my grandpa used to wear. Who would have thought that pattern would become so popular on the highstreet?!

What do you think of my winter shorts outfit?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria! These short are really great, perfect autumn winter colours...and if we wear skirts in winter why not shorts, right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wearing shorts any time of the year. I too put thick tights on under them when it's cold! Love the necklace x
    Jenni x
    The Thrifty Magpies Nest

    ReplyDelete