Thursday 27 February 2014

What to wear to a fancy dinner or date

black dress

I may be a fashion blogger, but I always struggle with my outfit when it comes to going out for a fancy dinner. I’m more for semi-casual outfits, and sometimes when squeezing into a dress I don’t feel very comfortable – especially not when out for a big meal! So when the lovely people from Blue Banana offered to send me a piece of clothing of my choice I was absolutely thrilled!


alternative emo dress

Blue Banana is more of an alternative emo, rock and hipster shop, but they still cater for other styles as well. The dress I decided on is a lovely black layered dress in a sheer material with cut out details. It’s tight at the top, but nice and flowy in the skirt – so plenty of space to eat a big dinner without it showing ;)


black leather platform stilettos

It’s a firm fabric with no stretch in it, so the dress has a zipper on the right side. With it being so many layers I found it a bit tricky to find my way into this dress, but once it was on it was absolutely worth the effort! Don’t you think I look a bit witch-like in it? I love it!
I’ve matched the dress with black tights, my new black leather platform stilettos with velvet laces from Deichmann (a lot more comfortable than they look!), and some pearls to create a bit of a contrast to all the black.


long pearl necklace

The pearl necklace is from Primark, and the pearl earrings are from New Look.


pearl earrings

2 comments:

  1. I'm fan of little black dresses and this one is stunning! I like the way you've styled it with white pearls

    Dash xx

    ReplyDelete