Thursday 29 May 2014

Give a little bit of love - Father's Day gift guide

Father’s Day is fast approaching here in England, and if you’re on the hunt for a good present for the old man, other than the usual flowers, chocolate or scratch cards, just read on for some tips…


Yep, this is me and my lovely dad, a few years ago when he and my mum came over for a visit from Sweden, and we spent the day in York.

The first thing that springs to mind when buying a present for Father’s Day is clothes. My dad really isn’t into fashion, and he probably only treats himself to new clothes a couple of times a year, so sometimes I feel like I need to help him stock up his wardrobe a bit, and a shirt is just a safe choice ;) (the one in this example is from Next)

If you want to go for something more personal that will make him chuckle, have a browse at the offerings over at Not On the High Street – I absolutely adore this shop! There is so much choice, and you can personalise pretty much everything.


What about a pair of silver cufflinks? Sure, he probably won't wear them ever day, but for every special occasion he attends he will think of you.


Or perhaps you and your dad has experienced something together that is worth remembering? I spotted this personalised ‘Remember When’ print, and now I can’t help but trying to think of something funny I’ve made my dad do or help me with.


Or something small to state the obvious? ;)

I tend to just give my dad something symbolic for Father's Day - or just a card. If you order online at shops such as Dom and Geri you can get personalised cards, which is very much likely to be appreciated. Choose between a wide range of personalised cards, and you can be 100% certain that your card will be unique and not look like anyone else's.


 If your dad is not the type that likes presents, or if he's one of those who already has everything - just do something simple and maybe take him out for coffee or dinner. After all - I'm sure what your dad really wants is to spend time with his children :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post,it is the sweetest,espceially your photo! Such good ideas too,and thanks for the inspiration,as I have been stuck with ideas,and fathers day has come round again so quickly!
    fab blog x :)

    ReplyDelete