Sunday 14 September 2014

Something old, something new, something blue...

...But nothing borrowed!
Don't worry - I'm not getting married.

 I've always had a love for halterneck dresses, so when I came across this one I was absolutely chuffed. It was actually an accidental purchase - I had bought another dress through fashion website Boohoo, but when it arrived it was faulty so I returned it. They didn't have the same dress in my size, and after having had another browse through their website I spotted this dress instead.

 I'm really glad it turned out the way it did, cause this dress is so much nicer than the first dress I bought.
It's a skater dress, which is tight over the bust, but flowy from the waist down. I absolutely love the navy colour, and the lace details at the top.

 I wore this dress for my birthday meal out with friends a couple of weeks ago, and I must say it felt like the perfect dress for the occasion.
What's really good about this dress is that the fabric is really thick, so you can get away with wearing it without a bra - it still holds everything in place.

 I'm accessorising the dress with my favourite necklace of all time; a vintage silver necklace with swirly details and a blue stone that my grandma was gifted from a relative back in the 1930's. Isn't it beautiful?!

 I also painted my nails in a navy theme to go with the dress - blue, white and red, with stripes, polka dots and an anchor. Multiple accent nails are my favourite, and I wrote a blogpost about it a couple of months ago.

This brown leather bag is a so called super organiser bag from Pia. It's divided up into lots of different sections, and has a built in wallet with space for cards, coins and notes, which makes it's perfect for a night out. There's even space for your phone and makeup, etc.

 I've had these Hush Puppies vintage style mid heel shoes for a few years now, but they're still one of my favourite pairs, and I thought they went well with the rest of my outfit.

 I'm still not used to being this blonde again!!!
I was going to go for slightly ombré hair, but at the moment the darker bits of my hair is just my natural colour. I'm thinking of colouring it one step darker. 
Thoughts?

Last but not the least - this stainless steel bracelet is a so called memory locket from Seasons Online. The locket can be opened, and you can place little charms in there that float about underneath the glass. Since I'm often quite homesick I chose family orientated charms; they're all birth stones -  one is for me, and the other two are for my sisters (February, August & September).

2 comments:

  1. I love the structure of your dress! and the camel is perfect with the navy. So cute!

    xo,
    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.com

    ReplyDelete