Thursday 4 December 2014

A stylish outfit for the older fashionista

A different feature on Fashion Infatuation today - my mum is in the spotlight!
It was her birthday the other week, and she decided to fly over to exotic Leeds to celebrate it. 

When she arrived, I had a special birthday present for her... there was just one condition in order for her to get it - she had to model the items on my blog ;)
I had gotten her a black and glittery 2 in 1 waterfall opening top and a black pencil skirt from Bonmarché, and this is how she styled it up - isn't she just a natural fashionista!

The black crocodile skin imitation leather bag looks fab, and goes perfecly with the outfit. Such a great shopping bag as well - with lots of compartments it's ideal for a day out in the city.

And you know my rule... if you're wearing two different leather items, make sure they're of the same colour. Mama Fashion Infatuation is, to my delight, following this rule as well with these cute black court heels with a bow detail.

This bracelet was a Christmas presents from us 3 daughters last year. It's a From Soldier To Soldier bracelet made of tightly braided parachute cord, which is in honour of wounded war veterans. A very nice idea for a fashion accessory, and it supports charities too.

Her ring is very stylish, don't you think? My mum absolutely loves silver jewellery of unusual designs (just like her daughter).

Simple pearl earrings are classic pieces of jewellery that are stylish, timeless, and extremely versatile.

She's matching her sparkly mock layered top from Bonmarché with her favourite necklace - a chunky silver chain. What a great combo!

I think my dear mum looks absolutely fantastic in this outfit! She wore the top out on that Friday night when I took her to Leeds Grand Theatre to see the musical Dirty Dancing, and when the chatty taxi driver found out that it was her birthday he complimented her by saying she looked more like my sister than my mum. She does know how to style herself to look her best, that's for sure :)

And just one more photo, because I love her! xxx
Thanks for being my blog model for a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment