Monday 29 June 2015

A tourist outfit in Amsterdam

A month ago we spent the bank holiday weekend in Amsterdam - a mere hour on the flight from Leeds, meaning it's quicker to get there than it is to get to London! I don't know why I've never taken the chance to go before with it being so close, and I'm so glad we went.

So, what to wear when touristing in Amsterdam?
With Amsterdam being a city built on hundreds of canals it would be hard to get anywhere other than on foot, so I knew I had to wear super comfy shoes suitable for all-day walking.
My Gola trainers did the trick! They're not the prettiest of shoes, but with them being black and quite dainty for a pair of trainers, they go quite well with most outfits - even a jersey pencil skirt.

When out and about it's all about layers, because you never know what the weather is going to be like.
Even though this particular day was warm, I opted for a cropped denim jacket to go over the top of my outfit. And I'm glad I did, as it got a bit windy at points!

I've never before figured out how to wear oversized cami vest tops, but I thought I'd give this dark teal one a try. I found that it goes well with a high waisted pencil skirt, especially when you tuck it in slightly at the front. 

I was extremely comfortable in my outfit whilst walking around in Amsterdam, and that was extremely important. I've made tourist outfit mistakes before where I have just ended up grumpy after a couple of hours due to beeing to hot, too cold, or wearing uncomfortable shoes. Practice makes perfect though :)
 
To top it all off I threw on some teal coloured accessories; a pair of circular earrings, and one of my favourite silver rings. 
The mint coloured nails go pretty well with this outfit as well, but was actually just a lucky coinsidence. 

I absolutely loved our 3 days in Amsterdam, walking along the rivers, crossing all the little bridges, almost being run over by crazy cyclists, drinking and eating, and seeing the atmosphere in gerenal. We obviously had to have a nosy down by the red light district, which was interesting but quite sad at the same time. Some of the girls are so young!
I would definitely go back to Amsterdam if I got the chance - it's a great weekend away, and I would really recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. You look great, this is the perfect outfit to go sightseeing and I adore your handbag!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Loving your casual comfy outfit!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles
    

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute a practical outfit for exploring
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete