Friday 19 June 2015

Leeds Tattoo Expo

If you read my recent outfit post where I’m wearing a mint coloured summery top you may have seen my new tattoo peeking out a little bit…
Well, BLK Powder sure saw it, and were kind enough to ask if I wanted to come along to Leeds Tattoo Expo, which took place in Clarence Dock 2 weekends ago.
I had never been to a tattoo expo before even though I have 5 tattoos myself (2 of them being cover-ups/expansions), so I was very curious about this and of course said yes to this offer!

Unfortunately I was away on other commitments on the Saturday and therefore missed all the coolest stuff and the live bands, but I ventured into Leeds on the Sunday afternoon to have a look around the different stalls in the convention centre.

As soon as I stepped into the venue I was hit by the strong smell of disinfectants that tattoo artists use, and my thoughts were brought back to my latest tattoo sitting where I was in constant pain for almost 7 hours straight. Not a fond memory, but it was so worth it cause I am so happy with the result!
A separate post about my new tattoo will appear on the blog very soon, so keep an eye out.
 
Leeds Tattoo Expo mainly consisted of tattoo artist stations, where live tattooing was taking place. I don’t know what I had expected really, but then thinking about it I guess a tattoo expo is the ideal place for a tattoo artist to show off their work.
There were some other stalls around offering printed art, jewellery, etc... 

...And of course tattoo artist supplies!
There is an abundance of different coloured ink for tattoo artists, and so many different brands! I found it quite difficult to choose colours when I had my tattoos done, but then you have to remember that you can actually mix the ink to create that perfect hue. Just ask your tattoo artist.
Do you know what happens to all the excess ink when your work is done? Neither did I!
But that's where BLK Powder comes in. Their product is the safest and most hygenic way to dispose of ink, ink caps, rinse cups, etc. It's very clever, as it solidifies wet waste.

It sure was an interesting experience, but I must say that I felt like the most "normal" person there! There were lots of beautiful pieces being created, but I did question the decision of the guy who had the side of his head inked! Let's hope he doesn't go bald in the future in case he wants to hide the tattoo when he's old! :P

13 comments:

  1. You went! I wanted to go but decided against it as it was a bit expensive :( Maybe next time but I suppose I'll just end up getting more tattoos, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tattoos, this sounds like such a fun event!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this sounds right up my street! I'm literally about to google tattoo expos near me because I definitely want to go to one, looks amazing!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun event! I love watching tattoo artist except for I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo! But the art blows my mind!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles
    

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never gotten a tattoo before, I am too much of a baby!! Lol I love seeing other peoples though!

    XO,
    Emily
    Www.idodeclareblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a fun event! I have several myself and love checking out ones that other people create as well.

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a really cool event! I'm terrified of needles which rules out me getting a tattoo myself but I've always really wanted to watch someone get one because I find the whole process fascinating. Guess I better check and see if there are any conventions near me haha xx
    Marielle
    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I SO WANT TO GO TO THIS, especially before I get inked up myself! It looks so interesting and filled with such talented people!
    Hope you've had a great day,
    Bethany x

    bethanygraceo.blogspot.dk

    Do pop over to my blog, if you fancy of course, and tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely looks interesting! I would be questioning the scalp tattoo too
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  10. All so cool!
    Have a nice weekend!

    Alice Cerea,
    BABYWHATSUP.COM

    Join this new blogger network, I'm waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Maria! Looks like you had a lot of fun at the convention. They had so many talented artists there that weekend. Leeds is always a good one.

    For anyone wanting to blog at a tattoo convention please get in touch with Emily from BLK POWDER
    Emily@blkpowder.net

    ReplyDelete