Thursday 30 December 2010

A treat for myself that helps me find my way home


I don’t know about you all, but I don’t really like getting money for Christmas. Getting a present from someone is so much more personal, and it means a lot to me. I only give presents to my family and my closest friends, and I know that they all know me well enough to get me something that I like.
However, my sweet old grandma always gets me money instead of presents, and I always just spend it on… yeah what? That’s the thing –you spend the money on everyday stuff that you don’t even remember. So this year I thought that I would buy something really nice for the money she gave me.
I love unusual jewellery. Earrings and necklaces. You can never have too many of them. I wouldn’t really wear bracelets cause of my tiny wrists, but I’ve got quite a collection of earrings and necklaces. When I was visiting my family in Sweden the other week I walked in to a shop and immediately fell in love with a necklace in there. It was a long steel chain with a clip on pendant in two pieces –a steel ring with the writing SWEDEN*EUROPE*THE WORLD on it, and in the middle is a little globe that you can spin. It’s a trendy designer brand called Rirem. I thought that this suited me very well, since I live abroad –and this is my way of thinking of the place where I belong. Cheesy, I know. But I like it ;)
My mum and I chose a similar necklace for my sister. It’s of the same design, with the steel ring and a ball in the middle. But hers was cerise coloured with the text “Don’t live faster than your angels can fly”

No comments:

Post a Comment