Monday 27 December 2010

Witchcraft and fairytale boots



My best friend always comments on how many pair of boots I have in my possession. While she prefers to just have one pair at a time, and to wear them out completely before she buys a new pair, I love to vary between a few pairs. Just being able to change the look of your outfit with different boots every day –I love it! At the moment I think I own 5 or 6 pairs of boots (which I don’t consider very many at all) –all but two pairs bought this year. My newest ones are a pair of black, faux leather boots, which go all the way up to my knees, with a fold over bit at the top. There is a mini heel on them –just about 2 centimetres, and the style is a bit similar to the boots of ‘Puss in Boots’ (that’s what my dad has been calling me when I’ve worn them)

My favourite pair of boots was actually bought in the summer of 2006, when I was 20. It’s a pair of black ankle boots which look quite old fashioned -as if they belong in the 1920’s or something. They have thin laces at the front with little metal hooks, and a little heel. I use to call them my ‘witch-boots ‘. They’re not great for the winter weather, which is why I usually just wear them in the autumn. They desperately need re-heeling now after 4 years though. There’s no way I am getting rid of them!

Posing in my 'witch boots'

I bought a pair of chocolate brown high heeled boots last spring. I can’t really remember where I bought them, but I think it was at Clarks. It was so annoying because size 4 was a bit too tight (I could just about squeeze my feet into them) and size 5 was too big. I bought them in size 5 anyway, thinking that I would buy a thick sole at some point to put in them, but I haven’t done that yet. Silly me. I’ve worn them twice anyway, and they’re not comfy at all. I really need to buy some soles so that I can start wearing them properly once the snow and ice is gone. They’re so pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Aww.. i like!! witch boots lol made me laugh. Very good read and i enjoyed it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete