Monday 3 October 2011

Scottish clan wedding dresses

As you may have seen from my post last week, I visited Scotland for the first time this weekend.
A three-day trip to Edinburgh was just what I needed to cheer myself up now when the summer weather is gone and it's just getting darker and gloomier every day.
My last post was about Scottish inspired fashion (in this case just a few checked items that I picked out) but I am now going to tell you about the genuine Scottish fashion.

The thing is... I was wandering around on the streets in Edinburgh and I passed this wedding shop. Now, I knew that most Scottish men dress in the traditional kilt made out of tartan fabric for their wedding, but what I didn't know is that the bride can choose to dress in tartan fabric as well! I thought the bride just dressed in the classic white dress, but I was very wrong! 

When I passed this wedding shop I saw a very eye-catching wedding dress in the window; a green and purple checked dress! I couldn't believe it! I thought it was really odd at first, but after having thought about it for a while I thought it was quite pretty. The dress was quite medieval looking, which is really the style of all things that are typically Celtic, and it had lots of pretty details like the old-fashioned lace-up tieback. 

Although I got used to looking at this odd Scottish clan dress in the end, I think I would still prefer to go for the classic white for my future wedding...
Images from www.heritageofscotland.com

6 comments:

  1. This is very strange!! But they must be very proud to be Scottish, just as i am Irish :)

    The dresses do look great! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post +Followed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so original ! I went for the classic white dress and happy with it, LOL...but those are truly interesting ! Nice blog, if you like mine and follow it I will be happy to follow back ! Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, now Im following you. I hope you could follow me back :)
    Thanks
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely gorgeous I love tartan!

    ReplyDelete