Thursday 29 September 2011

Tribute to Scottish fashion

I am going to Scotland tonight! Whoo!
I have lived in England for about 2 years, but I have never been further up north than Newcastle, which I find a bit bad. I have never been to Ireland either, for that matter...
This is going to be a lovely little weekend break. I can't wait!
My trip to Scotland is also the reason for this post... of course I had to do a Scottish inspired fashion post. Well, I have basically picked out some checked items ;)

I have learned that these checked patterns are clan patterns, meaning different families wear different coloured clothes to show what clan they belong to. I'm saying clothes, but we all know I mean kilts... right?

One must if you go to Scotland is to wear something checked!!
Therefore, I am bringing this old skirt of mine this weekend! I wonder what clan I would belong to if I wore this...


...or this gorgeous Burberry iconic checks small "haymarket" bag. No, I don't own one. It's just wishful thinking...















What clan would I belong to if I wore this beige and green checked scarf from River Island...?
...or these tights from Amazon, in the more classic Scottish colours (the colours they're known for by us non-Scotts anyway)?



Edinburgh, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I really love that outfit you put together! Love it!

    xoxo

    Lili

    ReplyDelete