Monday 28 May 2012

Heatwave - Orange and leopard outfit

The heatwave we've had the last week has been absolutely amazing, and I really cherished every minute of sunshine during the weekend. Saturday consisted of some shopping, and what better colour to invest in than one that represents heat - this orange one-shoulder dress is just perfect for warm summer days. It's made of very thin and floaty fabric and can be worn both casually and on a night out.
 I love the fact that the dress looks a bit Grecian. The one shoulder style and the pleated details is what makes it a bit more exotic looking.
The sunglasses are a new little addition to my collection of accessories as well. They cost me a whole pound! (from Primark) I love big sunglasses - it's a bit of fly-eye look meets hiding celebrity a la Vicoria Beckham. The earrings are from Accessorize, and the ring is a "fork ring" made by a Swedish jewellery designer - a gift from my parents for my graduation from college.
 I don't normally like animal print on clothes, but it's alright if it's a small accessory such as a scarf, or in this case shoes. These slingback sandals with a small wedge heel were bought from Next. They're absolutely super comfortable since they've got Next's own "sole survivor" spongy soles - so no sore feet! The peep toe and the cream bow just add plus points to these shoes. Definitely worth the $40 I spent on them! :)

2 comments: