Monday 3 September 2012

Turquoise summer jewellery

Thanks for the sweet birthday messages, everyone! :)
While we’re on the jewellery topic I just wanted to show you two of my favourite pieces of jewellery that I’ve been wearing a lot this summer…
I just think turquoise is such a summery colour! :)
First up is this silver bracelet from the Caribbean islands. It’s a really sweet story behind the design; a fisherman was once out on his boat and ended up in a fishing accident where he lost his left hand, on which he was wearing his wedding ring. He was gutted that he could no longer show the world that he was a happily married man, and then came up with the design for this bracelet which is based on a fishing hook. If you wear the hook pointing inwards it means you’re taken, and if you wear it pointing outwards it means you’re single.
 
Secondly I wanted to show you this handmade silver ring with swirly details and three coloured stones. A find I made in a local little independent jewellery store in Leeds which sell antique and handmade designer jewellery. Every piece in their store is unique, and it was love at first sight when I saw this ring. The store is called Aladdin’s Cave, and it’s located in one of the arcades in central Leeds.

4 comments:

  1. Hi doll! I love your blog & am a new follower. I also am obsessed with turquoise jewelry and I have always wanted one of those hook bracelets. It's so gorgeous!

    XOXO
    Ashley
    ashleyspassionforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turquoise jewellery is lovely looking - always stands out no matter what outfit you have on. Great items :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool ring & bracelet. <3
    hope you can check my blog. I would love to follow each other! x

    http://nicoleperezxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, wonderful bracelet! But it is not turquoise, it is a stone called larimar, very beautiful, I find its shades more subtle than turqoise, have some rings and pendants, but your bracelet is amazing!

    ReplyDelete