Tuesday 5 February 2013

The camouflage trend


In September I attended a fancy dress party that the company I work for arranged, and we were all supposed to dress up as something beginning with the letter S. I dressed up as a soldier in a camouflage patterned playsuit with a matching cap, green tights, a dog tag, and military style boots in black.

Back in September I found it so hard to find camouflage patterned clothes – I had thought of buying something I could actually use at several occasions (not just for a fancy dress party) such as a blazer or something, but since I couldn’t find anything I ended up buying this playsuit from a fancy dress shop.
Me (right), together with Top Style Advice & Mode of Style.
When you look in the high-street shops nowadays (especially after Christmas!) you see camouflage patterns and military inspired fashion everywhere! Who would have thought?! My little sister who is very on trend all the time recently invested in a pair of skinny camo jeans, but I’m not quite there yet.

Below are two celebrities that have opted for the camo trend; Cheryl Cole and Selena Gomez – both looking stunning and absolutely awesome in their skinny camo jeans vs. camo jacket.

Want to copy their style? Check below how you can do it!



Black open front blazer – New Look £25

Camouflage patterned skinny jeans - montaignemarket.com £105

Grey jersey top – Harvey Nichols £115

Tabitha Simmons leather motorcycle bootie - bergdorfgoodman.com £450

Black nail polish – Topshop £5




Light blue faded ripped skinny jeans – New Look £25

Camouflage fitted blazer – New look £8 (down from £20)

Nude zip detail high heel – Fashion Union £20 (down from £35)

Black leather satchel – Asos £42

SMASH! Ruffles off-white knitted scarf - pret-a-beaute.com £10

2 comments:

  1. As much as I love the camo trend I'm not sure if I'm quite there yet either to wear skinny jeans with camo print. But that blazer is really cool... :)
    Kristina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really love this trend at the moment x

    ReplyDelete