Sunday 8 September 2013

Cruise, gala night and a lilac dress

For my 27th birthday (yes, I'm that old!) my lovely boyfriend took me on a Thomson cruise in the Adriatic sea (just east of Italy). Isn't he a catch? ;) Perfect present!
We flew from Leeds to Corfu in Greece where we boarded the ship, and during the week at sea we visited Koper (Slovenia), Venice (Italy) Sibenik and Dubrovnik (Croatia), and Kotor (Montenergro).

On the second night on the ship the captain had arranged a big gala dinner, and for that everyone needed to suit up. All the men were wearing full suits and ties, and the ladies were wearing fancy dresses.
The dress I was wearing was a lilac creation from Warehouse. It's made out of thin sheer fabric in layers, and has some lace details on the chest.
I'm absolutely loving the colour and the material. The only thing I was worried about when I ordered it was that it wouldn't be a good fit with it being a zip-up dress made with non-stretchy material... but the dress fits like a glove! 
This was actually a gift from the lovely people at Warehouse. Very generous - thank you! At £65 it's not exactly a steal, but I'd say it's definitely worth that price, cause you can tell the dress if of the highest quality fabric, and it's very well made.

I matched the dress with my new strappy sandals from New Look, which I have practically been living in during the last few weeks. They're really comfy, and the taupe colour just goes with everything!

I can't say my bright blue nail polish goes very well with the outfit, but at least it matches the sea (and the ship's floor!).

It was a lovely gala night and an amazing week overall. This was my first ever cruise, and I would definitely go on another one in the future!

1 comment: