Monday 7 July 2014

Bohemian inspired summer fashion

Aaah… summer!
Is there anything nicer than having your arms and legs out, and airing your bare toes in a pair of strappy sandals – all without freezing! :)
I bought a new, flowy skirt the other day and had to take it on a debut walk around town this weekend. I just love bohemian inspired (or gypsy if that’s what you want to call it) skirts, and this dusky blue one made me fall hard and fast in love at first glance.
It’s a layered hanky hem skirt with a leather-look tie belt in tan from New Look. Oh how I love it! You can alternate the height of the waist as you want, and normally I would wear it a bit lower down, but I opted for a higher waist this day due to what I’m wearing it with.

The white bodycon crop top is from Boohoo – I love this shop as everything is really affordable and come in tons of different colours. 

I’m also wearing a pink and silver necklace from Crystal Age with the stone Rhodochrosite. This natural stone is believed to “lift the spirits, help us express our feelings and improve friendships. It is also said to be very healing, especially for the heart, lungs and circulation.”
It matches the bag pretty perfectly, don't you think? 

And talking about the bag… To add a bit more colour I’m accessorising with a dusky pink faux leather shopping bag from Accessorize. Yes, the one I had my eyes on the other day – I actually bought it in the end! 
 
And to top it all off I’m wearing a pair of mauve sandals of the strappy lace-up kind – also from New Look – and my trusted Ray Ban aviator sunglasses with brown lens and gunmetal frames when the sun peeps out from behind the clouds.

Me and my new boho skirt had a wonderful day in town.
What are your favourite fashion pieces this summer?

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous!! that skirt looks amazing! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great as usual! That style suits you so well :)
    Kristina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this skirt. Makes me want to go all hippy and grow dreads (ok, maybe not because I like to wash my hair lots). When I become a woodland dweller I may make the move to more flowy clothes like your skirt.
    Miss Tulip x
    The Thrifty Magpies Nest

    ReplyDelete