Sunday 29 June 2014

The hype of dusky pink fashion

Ever since the CFDA awards (Council of Fashion Designers of America) a few weeks ago, all the magaines have been on about is Rihanna's very see-through dress. Rihanna was honoured with the Fashion Icon Award this year, and accepted the award wearing a custom made dress by designer Adam Selman. The dress, in a dusky pink hue, is completely sheer, and has been decorated with over 200,000 Swarovski crystals. Wowzers...!

The dusky pink hue has been on trend all of this year, but it really had a boost this Spring and will most likely stay for the rest of the Summer. Here is a photo taken of Miley Cyrus rocking a dusky pink shoulder bag just a few days ago as she arrived for her concert in Amsterdam. Not that I'm a fan of Miley Cyrus, but I absolutely love this bag, and now I'm on the hunt for a dusky pink bag myself.

What do you think of these beauties?
From the left:
Pink bow bag from BHS
Pink Lia rose gold stud shoulder bag from Alexander Wang at Harrods
Pink Evie rouched shoulder bag from Accessorize

I seriously don't know what's wrong with me! I've never before in my life liked pink, and you never ever used to see me wearing it. But this year it's different. The dusky pink hue (which is barely pink really if you compare it with the usual bright pink we're used to seeing in fashions) has completely wrapped me around its finger, and I'm hooked. 

Just look at me! I'm even wearing dusky pink shirts, skirts, nail polish and eyeshadow nowadays!
It's become a bit of a guilty pleasure lately... but maybe it shouldn't be guilty, but just a pleasure?

10 comments:

  1. Definitely just a pleasure because it suits you so well! :)
    Kristina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute color! Loving the nail polish!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color…it is one of my absolute favorites. Great post!
    Michele
    www.roguetutu.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color! Such a great color for summer.

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the trend. Instead of white 2 years ago I wore a blush dusty pink color as my wedding dress.

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rocked this color! So light and pretty. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love nude for Summer. those bags are perfect.
    xoKiara
    Tobruckave Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nail polish is gorge on you! (=
    xx
    Quick Links:
    Follow us via GFC here
    Follow us via bloglovin here

    -

    itsksquared.blogspot.com | kim&kyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, I think dusty pink is a beautiful yet neutral color for summer. It could go with almost anything xo

    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete