Tuesday 31 March 2015

March beauty favourites

beauty products
It's the last day of March, and I thought I'd tell you a little bit about my favourite products this month - some of them newly discovered, some that were love at first sight, and some that I've grown to love.
To summarise; they're all fantastic, and they all truly deserve a spot here on Fashion Infatuation as they've all impressed me in one way or another.
Read on for more details.

Clinique anti-blemish solutions
Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Foundation
My friend convinced me to go to Clinique to try out a foundation a couple of months ago. I was a bit hesitant even after I bought the foundation, but I needen't have been. This anti-blemish foundation has got anti bacterials in it, so it helps heal the spots you cover with it. It's a lightweight foundation, which I didn't like to start with since I had to many spots to cover, but it really has helped me clear my skin, and now I love the look this foundation gives me.

L'Oreal Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara
Best everyday mascara ever! It took me a few days to work the winged brush, but once I got the hang of it... I mean, oh my! The mascara has a little bit of fibres in it, and really builds up your lashes to quite a dramatic look. I've never been a fan of the natural look since I've got pathetic eyelashes, so this is like a match made in heaven. 
 
Dermalogica Age Smart Eye Cream
A silicone based eye cream that is really smooth and lovely, and that even smells nice! I've got quite sensitive skin around my eyes, and if I use the wrong type of eye cream my eyes start watering, so this little number is perfect. The fact that it's got an anti ageing element to it is just a big plus.
 
Murad Blemish Clearing Solution
I've suffered from hormonal acne for quite a few years now, and I've tried several products for this. It was never bad, but bad enough to annoy me. Before Christmas I got myself a pharmacy cream with benzoyl peroxide, which was really strong and cleared my skin quite quickly, but it also left it dry and a bit patchy. I've now followed on with the Murad Blemish Clearing Solution which contains salicylic acid - an ingredient that will keep my skin clear of spots and even out my skin tone without drying out my skin. I've used it for a few weeks now and I love it! My skin hasn't been this clear in years!

So these were my daily use products. Over to the ones I use a bit less frequently.

Sanctuary Spa
Joules Pick of the Patch Body Lotion & Body Butter
Just a little treat to myself when I fancy a little pampering session. I'm not so good at treating my body to good moisturising, but I do try sometimes. These little handy sized products from Joules are lovely in texture and fragrance. A very fresh smell, and lovely and lightweight products. 

ESPA Refining Skin Polish Exfoliator
I got this little gem at the Harvey Nichols event I attended a few weeks ago. When I spoke to one of the dermatologists there she adviced me to exfoliate my face once or twice a week to even out my skin colour from where I've had spots before. The exfoliator has got teeny tiny little grains that really leave your skin smooth like a baby's bum. A great combo with my Blemish Clearing Solution.

Sanctuary Spa White Lily & Damask Rose Body Wash
Well, I never thought I would write about something as simple as a body wash on my blog! But.. here it goes! I've always gone for the £1 Palmolive or something equivalent from my local supermarket before, not thinking about a shower cream needing to do more than smelling nice and obviously getting me clean. But, when trying this body wash from Sanctuary I was so pleasently surprised by how different a quality brand can be. The wash is very thick, with lots of bursting moisture beads, and it smells divine! 

This was a very different post for me to write, so I really hope you liked it.
Let me know if you have any questions about the products.

8 comments:

  1. Great favourites. I love Dermalogica products. That body butter sounds great. <3
    Highland Hiatus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great roundup of products! Would love to give that mascara a try! Did you find it to be flaky at all? Thanks for sharing!


    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise :)
      No, I don't find the mascara flaky at all. It's only a little bit of fibres in it, so it's not as extreme as the Younique one, which I blogged about a while ago here.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Clinique foundations are the best! I have been using them for years now, I always come back to them :) And that I have heard so many great things about that mascara, I think I'm gonna give it a try after reading your post! Thank you for these amazing reviews! Their my favorite kinds of posts :) xoxo

    www.csengespoint.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this roundup! I will definitely be trying that mascara :)

    www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i enjoy clinque but i've never tried their makeup, the foundation sounds like something i might like!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great products and review
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete