Monday 9 March 2015

Rocking it in Manchester

Manchester fashion blog
When in Manchester, you have to play the part, right?
Compared to Leeds, Manchester is the industrial city in the west, known for its music scene when it comes to both gigs and musicals. I've lost count how many times I've had to travel over to Manchester in order to see my favourite rock bands - apparently Leeds is not hardcore enough for them! So when I recently visited this city I felt that it was appropriate to dress a little bit rockier than I usually do.

UK fashion blog
It was all about the black and grey, metal and leather, and the relaxed and slouchy but still fashionable style.

oversized cardigan
This over-sized light grey cardigan is one of my favourite garments at the moment. It's so comfy and it just goes with everything! I picked it up at Primark the other week (it comes in tons of different colours).

rock tights
But the best part of the outfit - the part that actually makes it scream rock - are these punky black and white stripy tights with the writing Rock & Roll on them. Can't be more clear with my message than that, can I? ;)
I'm pairing them with my trusted black leather lace-up boots.

The rest of your life starts today
I love a good life motto, and one of my favourite ones is "The rest of your life starts today". This is written on a steel pendant I got from my parents as a present recently. I've got a few different pendants from Rirem, and I love them all. The great part about them is that you only need one chain for your different pendants, and you simply clip them on the chain and can swap them around however you want.
My greyish lilac nail polish is the matte Almond from Barry M.

rock chick outfit
The basic black vest top and black high-waisted jersey skirt are both from H&M. They're both great capsule wardrobe items which goes with everything. The black waist belt with the metal clasp is from H&M as well.
It's not extreme in any way, but I love the fact that I can incorporate a bit of rock'n'roll inspiration into my outfits.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Tack älske! Det är i desperat behov av en klippning dock! Vill inte! Haha!

      Delete
  2. I love your printed leggings. Such a cute look!!

    Found you in one of my favorite fashion blogs. Let me know if you'd like to connect on GFC, Twitter and Facebook :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWWW you look beyond FAB. dear :) I wish you a cosy and fun weekend.

    Check out my new post...10 cute easy easter ideas:)


    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete