Friday 15 May 2015

Learning about sports supplements, health and fitness

On Sunday, myself and fellow blogger Jennie from Life Styled by Jennie, made our way down to Predator Nutrition in Leeds for an exciting drop-in event. The event was to highlight the launch of a new BSN fitness nutrition product, and to celebrate it all the store had invited two well-respected fitness celebrities.  
 
Local fitness profile and Ms Bikini Tall Miami Pro Carly Tierney welcomed us by the door with a couple of product samples; a pre workout NO Xplode drink with dragon fruit flavour, and the new salted caramel Syntha-6 Edge protein shake.

Once inside, Jennie and I had a browse around and inspected all the weird and wonderful supplements and diet products. None of us have really used sports supplements before, so it was really interesting seeing what there was. 

We also got the chance to have a little photo and Q&A session with James “Flex” Lewis – a famous bodybuilder and champion of a high number of bodybuilding contests in both Europe and USA. And oh my, he was big! Even the muscles in his hands were so pumped up that it was difficult to shake his hand!
He was just one big muscle machine! And no wonder – apparently he started bodybuilding when he was only a teenager. 

We were asked if we wanted to take the #TrueMass challenge – a challenge where you have to hold two large bags of protein powder weighing approximately 5 kilos each at shoulder height for as long as possible. And of course we did! We were the first (and possibly the only) girls taking the challenge during the event. I obviously wanted to show Flex who was boss, and flexed my muscles for 1 minute and 11 seconds. Haha! Him and his team gave me some compliments on my “guns” though. I know I have quite big arms for a girl, and I’ve been working them even harder in the last few days!

I got so inspired by all the muscly people at the event that I’ve exercised every day this week so far;
Monday: 50 minutes powerwalk
Tuesday: 50 minutes powerwalk, 45 minutes fat burning body weight training & 15 minutes abs
Wednesday: 35 minutes power walk, 60 minutes Zumba
Thursday: 30 minutes HIIT circuit training

We’ll see how long I’ll be able to keep it up for… I just wish I had a gym buddy to go with, so that I could stay proper motivated!
Flex, do you fancy a gym session with me? ;) I’d actually love to learn some more about bodybuilding, and wouldn’t mind a challenge.

I’ve even clicked home some new fitness fashion from an online store, which I will show you in an upcoming post. Wearing nice gym clothes makes me feel more confident when working out, and it’s a great motivator.

BSN were nice enough to send us home with a great goodiebag, including several samples of their new supplement shakes, as well as gym gear such as a shaker, headphones and a gym top. I was wearing mine to the gym last night, and I did indeed feel strong ;)

Thank you so much to Predator Nutrition for inviting me to the event.
If you're curious about learning more about the event you can read Predator Nutrition's article about the day and the celebrities.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You look real fit in the last picture ;) Keep going Maria, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete