Thursday 22 September 2011

Autumn leaves

There is no way you can deny it anymore... autumn is here! The leaves on the trees are turning yellow, orange, red and brown.. and so is this season's fashion.
I've had a browse around a number of high-street shops for the latest trends and pretty autumn garments, and these are some items I have found that I wouldn't mind adding to my personal collection ;)
1 Tan cacoon shrug by Blonde & Blonde from BANK - £30
2 Dark yellow platform ankle boots from River Island - £60 (I sooo wish I could walk in shoes like these)
3 Rust fringed poncho from Wallis - £28
4 Chestnut Parisian belted oversized top from Newlook - £19.99
5 Orange jersey dress from H&M - £14.99
6 Mocha cord brogue wedges from Newlook - £24.99
7 Yellow gathered slinky funnel top from Newlook - £7.99
8 Red "Made with love" ruffle bag from Next - £30

While autumn is a season when most of us grieve the fact that summer is gone, at least we can console ourselves with some beautiful fashion. Autumn fashion is absolutely my favourite - without a doubt. I love the warm earthy hues, the chunky knits, the ankle boots... Adding a little bit of colour to an outfit makes such a difference. I know a lot of people avoid dressing in bold colours. Would you for example wear this red jersey dress from Dorothy Perkins? It is such a lovely dress, but in my opinion it's just a little too much. 

Sometimes it's enough just going for accessories, such as scarves or leggings, in a bold colour to make an outfit look more autumny. 

Can I just add that I absolutely love this look from the H&M website. Pairing this light brown faux leather pencil skirt with just a simple red top and a chunky necklace is such a great match! 

With autumn love

Maria

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE that leather skirt. And those yellow shoes you first showed, gorgeous... not sure they're my style but they're so beautiful!
    Great post!
    xo,
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw these are fab!! The leather skirts looks so fancy!! The orange dress from H&M is so cheap I will be getting my self one of them. Thank you for sharing.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that h&m website it gives me so many ideas..:)visit my blog and if you like it we can follow each other :)
    x

    ReplyDelete