Saturday 21 April 2012

Sweet and quirky accessories by Candy Candy

While you’re waiting for me to sort out all my photos from the Catwalk for Life event, I thought I would feature one of the little boutiques in Corn Exchange here on Fashion Infatuation. Candy Candy is a sweet new addition to Leeds Corn Exchange, and it’s an original brand of costume jewellery and hair accessories.

Candy Candy is influenced by a mix of quirky Japanese style and vintage fashion – I would say it’s a bit like 1950’s rockabilly style. I immediately thought of the film Cry Baby when I saw the pictures from the shop. Perhaps it’s because of Candy Candy owner Helena Garcia’s hairstyle.

Helena’s love for accessories started when she was really young and her mum used to cut her hair boyish short. This was not something young Helena liked, so she started making bows and flower accessories to put in her hair, to make her look more feminine. The love for accessories kept growing, and now she is running the successful little signature jewellery and accessories boutique in the heart of Leeds.

I went in there on Thursday after the fashion event, and it’s really pretty. It’s kind of walking into a colourful fairytale filled with treasures. I strongly recommend you to visit this cute little boutique, but if you are unable to do so you can have a look at these gorgeous photos. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes =)

    This boutique looks absolutely adorable !!! Shame I don't live anywhere near Leeds ! =/

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete