Thursday 19 April 2012

How to dress up a summer dress for colder weather

The lack of posts here on Fashion Infatuation lately is cause of the fact that I took some time off work and my normal life to go on a well-needed holiday. I can now finally say that I've been outside of Europe. Yay! :)
Mexico was absolutely wonderful, and enjoyed every bit of it. I've been soaking up the sun as much as I possibly could.

As you may recall I wrote a post before I left about what I was packing in my suitcase for the trip. A little red summer dress was one of the items. I wore that dress twice during the 10 days I was in Mexico, and this is what it looked like.
Now, I'm going to a fashion event at Corn Exchange in Leeds tonight called "Catwalk for life" (a charity fashion event to raise money for cancer research), and I thought that I wanted to wear this cute little red dress again. Unfortunately, the English spring weather is nothing like the warm and wonderful Central American weather, but today is a very wet, cold and windy April day here in Leeds. Absolutely horrible!
Despite this, I decided to wear my red dress, but I've themed it with some warmer garments; a long sleeved bolero, a pair of black tights, heeled tan brogues from Hush Puppies, a black leather jacket, and the last little accessory is my tan cross-body bag.
This is just proof that you can dress up a summer dress for colder weather. What do you think of the outfit I put together? How do you match your summer dresses when it's too cold to wear them on their own?

For this event I will of course rock my style up a little bit extra (as the rock chick that I am) and put on some bright red lipstick, and some smoky eyemakeup. Keep an eye out for the upcoming review on the event later this week.

4 comments:

  1. Look great combination! definitely you can wear them on colder weather the stocking and the outerwear will keep you warm but still chic with the little red dress. :)
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the dress and how you styled it!

    PS. We’ve a $75 Giveaway to PLNDR on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination! Love your look!

    http://mentrend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Red is my favourite colour at the minute! Good work on creating the look!

    ReplyDelete