Monday 27 January 2014

Review of Max Factor’s Clump Defy mascara

When I’m not wearing mascara my eyelashes are pathetic… They’re not very long (but not too short either) and they’re blonde, so you can’t really see them.
So, as you can imagine - having a great mascara is kind of a big deal for me. I’ll colour my eyelashes prior go going on beach holidays, but in everyday life I simply depend on my mascara for darker lashes, and I’m quite picky with what mascara I use.

When choosing a mascara, the first thing I look at is the brush. I’m useless with those big “hairy” brushes as I end up with mascara everywhere – plus, I feel as if I can’t get in all the way to the roots of the lashes with a brush like that. What I opt for is the rubber brush. It can’t be too big, it can’t be too small… it has to be perfect. I’ve previously used Max Factor’s Masterpiece Max mascara, which I absolutely love. This has got a mid-sized rubber brush which is slightly thinner at the front. This time, I’ve chosen to try another Max Factor mascara – the one called ‘Clump Defy’. This mascara has got a brush which is slightly curved and that has longer strands on one side for volume, and short strands on the other side to comb out any clumps.

You can see the result here below. Clump free lashes? Yes, I would say so. Clump Defy is not quite as voluminous as the Masterpiece Max, but it definitely creates a neater result. I’m very happy with this mascara, and would absolutely recommend it.

2 comments: