Wednesday 1 January 2014

Looking back at Christmas - him and her

Happy New Year everyone!
I hope you’ve had a lovely Christmas, and that you don’t feel too rough today on the day after New Year’s Eve.
It’s crazy that it’s 2014 already. This is the year I’m turning 28… oh my! But shhhh… don’t tell anyone! ;)

I know that with the new year starting you’re supposed to look and plan ahead, but I’m going to do one last post that is focused on the previous year, cause I haven’t even talked about Christmas yet!
What did you like the most about Christmas? Was it the food, the presents, the company…? What I really enjoy at Christmas is seeing the faces of people opening the presents I’ve bought them. I tend to spend a lot of time finding that perfect gift for people, so seeing their happy faces when they tear off the wrapping paper is just great!

Just before Christmas I was contacted by Halifax who asked if I wanted to be part of their campaign about giving a little extra this Christmas. I of course jumped to the chance! Halifax generously sent me some highstreet vouchers so that I could buy an extra gift to one of my loved ones. I chose to buy not only one but two extra Christmas presents for my boyfriend, and this is what I got him:
He had been wanting a beard trimmer (maybe because his girlfriend really likes it when he looks a bit rough rather than clean shaved…) so I popped in to Boots to ask for a good quality one and ended up with this one from Philips that trims the beard as short as 0.5 mm. At 29.99 this is a pretty good deal. I looked at several ones in the same price class, but when asking the staff at Boots they said this was supposed to be the best one.

I also treated my man to a new aftershave. L’Homme from Yves Saint Laurent just smells amazing! You know how they say you can fall in love with someone from how they smell? Yep! This aftershave does it for me! ;)

People gave a little extra to me as well this Christmas, so I must have been good during 2013. I won’t post about everything at once, but here are some of the beauty related goodies that ended up in my pile of presents.

A duo of perfumes from Boss – Jour and Nuit pour femme, Lanza healing oil and accompanying shampoo and conditioner, some lovely mini nail polishes by OPI, and a gorgeous rose gold chain bracelet by SNƖ of Sweden.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had an awesome Christmas! I just love those OPI shades. And the beard trimmer sounds like the perfect gift for your man! Happy New Year!

    XOXO
    Ashley
    ashleyspassionforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete