Monday 6 January 2014

Too old for Converse?

h
Do you have to have a certain style to wear Converse sneakers? Is there an age limit for Converse? With it being a brand associated with the words ‘young’ and ‘street style’, do we have to adapt to this style to wear these fabric shoes with the well-known star on it?



Converse might want to be seen as a young and hip brand, but to be honest I’ve seen people of all styles and ages wear these shoes. I agree that you may not wear them with your office dress to work… although, I bet if you tried you could make this work as well! ;)



At 27, I don’t think I’m too old for Converse sneakers anyway. Since I mostly wear heels I see them as my casual shoes. I’d usually wear my Converse when out and about on the weekends, walking around in town, etc.



In this post I’ve matched my taupe Converse sneakers with a denim vest with studs from H&M, a white sleeveless dress with black crosses – also from H&M, a taupe bolero from New Yorker, black tights and an old fashioned-looking watch necklace in brass that I bought at a market stall in York back in May. 

What do you tend to match your Converse shoes with?

2 comments:

  1. Never too old for Converse I think! But I think you need to have the right attitude, which you do ;)
    Kristina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Converse are timeless and have been fashionable for ages. By step dad said he remembers when they first came accross from America and how 'cool' they were :)
    Jenni x
    The Thrifty Magpies Nest

    ReplyDelete