Friday 15 August 2014

Blogger event: The One Where They Watch Friends

Ah, how I love summer evenings.
Going for strolls through the city centre, drinking coffee, just hanging out with some of my favourite people…

…and showing off my newly purchased lilac top with sequins and a pleated back, from Next! 
(I went a bit over the top at Next last weekend, splashing out on all sorts, including this top)

However, this particular evening was not like any other evening, but the reason I wanted to wear my nice new top is because I was invited to a blogger event! 

Last Wednesday, me and a bunch of other local bloggers were invited to the Everyman cinema in Leeds to enjoy an evening of laughter. Simplyhealth was running a campaign called #shhealthysmile, and had rented out a private screening room at this luxury cinema to show the first 4 episodes of Friends – meaning that a night with friends, watching Friends, and having a good laugh, is good for your health. Well, you know what the old saying is; ‘Laughter is the best medicine’. I won’t disagree with that ;)

Or like Simplyhealth themselves are saying in their latest article; ‘Humour has great health benefits. It can strengthen your spirit, make you smile and change your perspective on life whilst bringing you joy and filling you with positivity.’

 I brought my dear man along with me to this event, and we were welcomed by Simplyhealth with a drink and a goodie bag including cinema snacks, a Friends mug, as well as items that will help you feel more confident when laughing and smiling, as well as improving your healthy smile – lip balm, mints, and chewing gum. Great idea!

We had a great time at the event, and mingled with some of the other bloggers, including some that I already knew; Dasa from Mode Lily, and Kristina from Mode of Style.

Thanks to Simplyhealth and Joe Blogs blogger network for inviting us!

3 comments:

  1. Looking great as always! Definitely had a lovely time, and now I'm craving more Friends!! Might buy the box set... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great event and a wonderful time. Yor top is amazing by the way!!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, gorgeous pictures.
    www.populairelife.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete