Wednesday 13 August 2014

Dressing up for the races

A couple of weeks ago I visited York Racecourse with a group of friends, including fellow fashion blogger Kristina, to watch some horse races.
Nah, who am I kidding!?! We didn't watch any horses run! We were just there for the atmosphere, the people watching, and of course the Pimm's.

OK, I might have watched one race, but I haven't got a clue who won, as I'm not into betting.

I did actually place one bet just for the sake of it, but I chose the horse solely based on its name rather than its odds, and I actually won my money back. The horse was called Mulberry something, which made me think about handbags, so I obviously had to choose that one ;) I'm such a girl sometimes!

The real reason people go to the races is to dress up, and I was no exception. I squeezed into a short, light pink, lace bodycon dress from Boohoo for the occasion.

As I didn't want to go full-on girly girl though (that's just not me), I added some black and silver accessories which are a bit rock inspired. The black leather bag with studs was a present from my family, and the bracelet is one of my favourite pieces of jewellery - I found it at Camden market in London a few years ago.

Women who go to the races usually wear absolutely ridiculous fascinators, but I just couldn't bring myself to do this! I think it's just so silly, and it makes you look like a stuck-up bitch :P
Instead, I opted for a few simple fabric flowers of pink and black, which I got from H&M.

Back to the Pimm's! For my international readers who might not know, Pimm's is a typical British drink that people tend to drink in the summer. Me and Kristina ordered in a pitcher, which we enjoyed on the lawn.

Cheers!
Kristina and I had a lovely day at the races, even if we didn't go for the horses, but just for the company and the atmosphere. If you haven't been to a day out like this, I can really recommend it - even if you just go there to laugh at all the extreme and silly fascinators!

5 comments:

  1. Horse races are so cool! I had been to one one day and it was amazing. Love your look!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog!
    Maybe you want to follow each other?
    Let me know on my blog & I'll follow right away!
    http://www.spaventaremoda.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful and fun!!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. really lovely pictures, i love what you're wearing! very stylish
    xx
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete