Friday 17 October 2014

Leather and Lace

I’ve been thinking about getting a pair of leather look leggings for quite some time now, but didn’t really know what to style them with.
I found a cheap pair at Primark, and ever since I bought them I’ve absolutely loved them! I just didn’t really know what to style them with at first…

Many people are a bit funny about combining leather and lace, saying they’re each other’s complete opposites with one symbolising naughty and the other one nice. Who says you can’t be both? ;)

The combination of leather and lace became popular a few years back, when you saw celebrities such as Lindsay Lohan rocking this style. I was a bit against lace back then as I found it too girly, but I’ve really embraced this style now, and I think the combination of the tough leather and the romantic lace is like a match made in heaven.  

The black lace blazer that I’m wearing is from New Look, and it’s so easy to incorporate in all sorts of outfits. You can dress it up or down as you want, and it’s one of my favourite garments. I’m wearing it with two basic tops from H&M of the longer types. You can barely see the one underneath (except for in the first and the last photo), but it’s a powdery dusky pink, layered with a white and grey flowy top with a flower pattern. I’m opting for longer tops with my leggings as you’re not really supposed to wear leggings as pants – it does look quite silly when you do.

As the flowery top is big and flowy and therefore not very flattering, I’m wearing a black stretchy waist belt with a silver buckle from H&M to mark my shape a bit more. 

The shoes are a new addition, which I got from ebay. I’ve been desperate for a pair of black mid-heel brogues for absolutely ages, and finally found a pair that I liked. They go pretty perfect with my leather look leggings, don’t you think? They're super comfy, and really versatile.

Jewellery wise I’ve gone for silver as this compliments the black really well, plus it doesn’t clash with my belt. The ring is made by a Swedish designer, and is actually a silver fork bent into a ring. Really clever, and so stylish. It was a present from my parents for my graduation, and it’s been one of my favourite pieces ever since. 

The silver cat earrings are from my teenage years, believe it or not. I found them in a drawer last time I visited my family back home in Sweden, and thought they were quite quirky. I had forgotten about them, but have now welcomed them back into my life again.

So… leather and lace. Black, white and silver. One of my best outfit combos, I would say. What do you think?
Oh, and my cat is always desperate to photobomb all my blogger photos! Silly! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the shoes and accessories

    check me out

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete