Monday 6 October 2014

Making a statement with the colour mint

mint dress
It was my best friend's birthday last weekend, and that was a good enough reason to go out and celebrate with some dinner and drinks in Leeds city centre. Since it seemed to be the last semi-warm weekend of this Autumn, I took the chance to wear my strapless mint coloured midi dress, with both my arms and my legs out. 

mint bodycon dress
I bought this gorgeous mint bodycon midi dress from Boohoo in the end of the summer, and wore it for the first time to the live cinema event for Back to the Future in London - we were all supposed to wear something 50's inspired for the event, and I thought the mint colour was a very appropriate colour to opt for. 

taupe clutch bag
For my friend's birthday dinner, I matched my dress with this taupe coloured clutch bag with stud details. Sorry guys, but I don't know where it's from since it was a birthday present from a friend of mine. If you're desperate to know, just let me know and I'll ask her.
The silver ring with a turquoise stone matches the dress perfectly - I got this from Accessorize, and you can see a close-up of it in my latest post about turquoise nail art.

black leather platform shoes
I LOVE these shoes! They may look uncomfortable, but they're not! This was a bargain find at Deichmann last year. They're real leather, but since I found them in the sale they cost me next to nothing.The contrast of the leather and the velvet straps is just stunning!

mint statement necklace
And talking about stunning... don't you think this statement necklace is the perfect piece of jewellery to top off my mint outfit? It was a present from my fellow blogger and Swede-in-Leeds Kristina from Mode of Style. She knows me too well :)

mint lace dress
When looking closer at the dress it has got a beautiful layer of lace at the bust. You may recognise this feature? A while ago I featured a navy halterneck dress with the same type of lace, and they're both from the same collection at Boohoo.

newspaper nails
I attempted a newspaper style nail art for the occasion - I thought it looked very romantic, and kind of antique shabby chic. I didn't actually photograph the process of this type of nail art, but I promise I'll do a similar style soon with a tutorial on how to create newspaper nails.

2 comments:

  1. Love that colour on you! Nice style dress as well my lovely! The bag is even better :-P. You should wear that for my birthday meal. The nails are beautiful too..

    www.topstyleadvice.co.uk - Fashion and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete