Wednesday 25 July 2012

Adding some colour to a grey summer's day

Since this English summer is nothing but grey, I decided to add some colour to it by dressing in an almost neon orange top today! This cheered me up a little bit, as I kind of fooled myself into believing that it was proper summer. I got some strange looks at work though, since my outfit stood out, to say the least ;) But lots of appreciating ones as well!
summer outfit
 I bought the top at H&M in early spring this year, and I've actually only worn it once before today. She skirt is from H&M as well - it's kind of a mix between an office skirt and a "poofy" skirt. It has also got hidden pockets.
summer fashion
pearl earrings
 The earrings are fresh water pearls from China - a present from a dear old friend of mine.
New Look shoes
 These shoes are from New Look - simple black faux leather heels with a wide strap that go with most outfits. And yes, that's a real tattoo, and not henna! ;)
orange top
women's summer style
 This ring is a vintage ring that used to belong to my mum. I believe it's from her hippie times in the 70's. It's a silver base with tiny, tiny coloured stones (or grains more like it) of turquiose and burnt amber. One of my favourite rings!
vintage silver ring

7 comments:

  1. I love your tattoo!

    Great outfit.

    Sheree x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your summer has been so awful! But, your shirt is so pretty on you and love your shoes! You must be down with all the grey skies... :( I know I get that way after a few days of rainy weather. xx, Pip

    http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top - makes you look really tanned! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!!! Orange is definitely my favourite colour of the season. It is a pop colour and looks great on you! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit! I love the story behind your ring, passed down pieces are so special!

    http://thelacquerfactor.com

    ReplyDelete