Sunday 1 July 2012

Dresses suitable for wedding guests

Decisions, decisions! I am going to a wedding later this month and I really don't know what to wear! I've not been to many weddings in my life, and at the ones I have been to the guest have been so dressed up – of course I want to go for the typical wedding guest look too!
I’ve been browsing around what feels like every fashion shop’s website this past week, and I must say I’m well confused. I obviously know that you’re not supposed to go for a white dress since that is the colour the bride will be wearing, but I still want to wear something quite light and summery. Nothing too party-ish that means I risk showing off my knickers if I bend down. I want something semi sophisticated, but still something that I will be able to dance in without stepping on the skirt. As I said; decisions, decisions…
I think the best thing would be to go for a dress with a partly flared medium long shirt.
What do you think of the ones below? I’ve especially had my eyes on the navy and cream embellished dress by Little Mistress (next to last picture). I found it on the BANK website, and it’s just goooorgeous!
  Cream and navy Little Mistress one shoulder dress £45

Light pink flower detail dress by Ruby prom £way-too-expensive!

 Black and cream Rare Grecian drape dress £40

 Coral structured dress by House of Dereon £49

 Light brown knee length lace dress by River Island £35

 Cream pink Sasha strapless dress £39.99

 Navy and cream embellished dress by Little Mistress £55
 Royal blue Elise Ryan jewel strapless dress £34.99

3 comments:

  1. Love the first one! Think it would look fab on you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of dresses! Great posts! This is definitely the wedding season. My fav has to be the Little Mistress one xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great dresses..I'm also going to a wedding and it's a drag on deciding what to wear :(

    ReplyDelete