Wednesday 18 July 2012

The only pink thing I own

Although one of my favourite songs of all time is Aerosmith’s “Pink”, where they’re singing “Pink, it was love at first sight…” – this does not apply to me. Pink was not love at first sight for me. I’ve never actually liked pink, and I don’t think I’ve ever owned a pink piece of clothing. I was never a girly girl, but I was always a bit of a tomboy when I was a child. I inherited my older (male) cousin’s clothes up to the age of 10 or so, so you would always see me in denim shirts, etc. 
Anyhow, what I was getting to is that I now own something pink. I would still never dress in pink clothes, but it was love at first sight when I saw this necklace from designer brand Rirem. It has a clip on pendant in two pieces – a small spinnable ball in a cerise pink colour, with a flat and quite wide steel ring around it. What I like most about it is the message written on the steel ring; “THE REST OF YOUR LIFE STARTS TODAY”. 
I love this saying as it means you can’t sit around and wait for something to happen but you have to act today. It’s kind of like the famous motto of the dragonfly, which I also like a lot – “Seize the day”, or “Carpe Diem”.
Do you have a favourite saying or motto?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures!
    My motto is Carpe Diem and I try to live by it every day! Pink looks good on you btw ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked pink much either! And i grew up wearing a lot of my male cousin's passed on clothes too :)
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the IFB message. Sure I would love to follow each other! I am following on GFC (90). Hope you will follow back!

    http://flairbybrandi.blogspot.com

    xo,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete