Thursday 19 June 2014

My summer is peach and turquoise

The other day I looked at my short, naked nails and though ‘oh, so boring!’. They really needed a facelift (nail lift?), and with the weather having been really lovely all week I wanted to go for something really summery. I decided to go for a combination of Barry M’s gorgeous polish Peach Melba (which reminds me of cocktails and ice cream, and which also makes the giggle cause my cat’s name is Melba), topped with a layer of Tropical Punch by Seventeen Colour Clash Nail Effects. This just adds a bit of fun to the look with its chunky bits of green, blue, white and light pink. I finished off the look with a thick layer of top coat so that the bits wouldn’t fall off.

Midi rings are really on trend at the moment, and I bought my first pair of them a couple of weeks ago at Accessorize, when out for a typical Saturday shopping trip with my favourite blogger Mode of Style. I’m really picky when it comes to rings in particular, and don’t want to wear fake silver due to the awful green colour they turn into and colour your fingers with, so these midi rings are from Accessorize’s sterling silver range. I love them both, but as you can probably guess, the one with the little turquoise stone is my favourite.

As if this wasn’t summery enough, I received a parcel in the post the other day containing this stunning silver bracelet with turquoise stones and pearls. This was a gift from The Jewellery People, and from the moment I saw it I fell in love! I adore turquoise and light blue jewellery for summer, and it’s just perfect that it goes so well with the blue accents in my nail polish, as well as with my midi rings.

What do you think of my summer nails, midi rings, and turquoise bling matching? Is it not a great combo?!
I can see myself wearing this bracelet a lot this summer, as it goes with pretty much everything, and adds a splash of colour to a neutral outfit.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing nail art and bracelet! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nails! and the mid rings are super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great colour combo for summer-the bracelet is amazing!
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning colours ! I love your blog and I have started following you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so fun! :)
    xo Erin
    http://www.winkandatwirl.com/

    ReplyDelete